Mochi recipe (help needed)

Exactly… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

From the Mochi I’ve tried it’s almost got the consistency of a Polish dumpling called kluski but a little drier.
I had ones with a sweet bean paste filling and were home made by some Japanese friends of mine.
It’s often the way (and part of my madness) meaning, I try something sweet and immediately think to myself “how can I re-create that in vape form?”

5 Likes

Have you tried Marshmallow Vanilla @ 2%?
Curious :slight_smile:

Add a little Vanilla bean…

Work on your base first… never mind the fruit bits… or the tea bits…

And speaking of the teas… FLV is the king of all Teas… but then again… one could have a field day with the teas… that red tea or rooibos tea… happens to be my fav… :smiley: Digressing here… but with the moochi… I played with the mm van and the v bean… and some eisia tea… some green tea, some mango and pineapple…

but then again @PAPACHiGLY … we all have different ideas and tastes… the one thing about getting to know the flavors you work with, once you do, it is never hard to cobble something together to fit your pallet and expectations :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@SmokyBlue Single flavour test at 1% + 3% . According to my notes, great volume was achieved at 1%. Not much difference between 1 & 3%. I still think you’re right in steering away from dark fruits. I haven’t played much with FLV tea. Only Lemon Tea FLV, but I like it! I have a Lemon Grass Tea soda somewhere in my recipes that turned well. I still need to find a concentrate that taste of sweet dried bean paste.

4 Likes

Again… starch base… around .4% :slight_smile:

Beans are starch…

The starch base is also good for making things like boba tea… or adding support for cinnamon buns… I would not add it to cakes… I’d use crunch cereal or graham crackers for cakes…

4 Likes

Thats what I would love to try: Home-made Mochi

the bean paste is great, Ive tried one with like a green tea, and the plum you were mentioning first.

I try to figure out how to recreate things I like at home, but have not been into desserts recently. I make a killer Kimchi, though!

5 Likes

I am way more into drinks and desserts than I thought… but yeps it is a bunch of fun :rofl:
You should see some of the bombs or flops I don’t post hahaha!! :tada:

5 Likes