Liquid Barn Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Mixing Now!

Strawberry Cheesecake (LB) 9% (3-21-21) – I’m about 101% sure, that the previous flavor (Liquid Barn Strawberry) is in this mix as well, and the good news is, the somewhat plasticky note that I was getting from it solo, has abated in this mix. Great news !!! Onto the Cheesecake. I think what you want from a cheesecake will dictate if you love or hate this one. Fairly artificial tasting overall, and the cheesecake, almost presented as more of a buttery, almost popcorn-y (at times) taste. At times I could pick up on some graham, but about every other vape, I kept thinking buttery, with slight popcorn ?? An interesting bakery/dairy combination to be sure. Def. no BA smell or taste, so no bitter, acidic cheese, which may appeal to some. The creamy element(s) here were fairly high, and effective, and the mouthfeel OF them, we evident. Just below mid level sweet, and again, the plastic from the LB SB was not present in this mix. This one may work out for quite a few people who want a less graham heavy, no cheese cheesecake, along with an artificial strawberry. Let YOUR tastes dictate if this is one for you or not, depending on your needs. The only real take-offs would have to be for the non-descript cheesecake, that wandered into buttery and slightly popcorny. Leaving this at 7.1/10.

2 Likes

Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) 4.5% (3-21-21) – The MOMENT is upon us. YES, I knew that 8% for Liquid Barn’s Vanilla Ice Cream might be too high, and I did it ANY WAY !!! That was the average Single Flavor usage rate if you can believe it or not. OK, at that heavy weight, I didn’t get any pepper, BUT, I’m not one who does get that from VIC’s. NOW, with that said, I could tell the flavor was folding over on itself (signs of over flavoring). It didn’t go sideways like I had thought, but I could TELL it was PAST it’s saturation point. SO, I dropped it back down to a more reasonable (for single flavor testing) 4.5%. I have CHANGED the percentage listed above to reflect THIS testing weight.

At the new lower, 4.5% testing weight, guess what, the flavor was STILL great, just a lot clearer, more focused, and cleaner. In hopes that someone, ANYONE reading this, doesn’t know about this flavor, or hasn’t tried it yet, it IS, in my opinion the holy grail of Vanilla Ice Cream flavors. Slamming Vanilla notes on the inhale, superb mouthfeel and creaminess, and an almost buttery rich exhale. Yes, there are DIK’s in this flavor. From Bull City Flavors page …

Contains 35000 PPM Acetyl Propionyl

With that said, we can continue. As stated above, I’ve never gotten the “Black Pepper” effect from any VIC’s before, nor this one, so YOU will have to try and then buy for yourselves. In a lot of ways, this reminded me of what Holy Vanilla did for Vanillas. At the NEW testing weight of 4.5%, I got no off-putting notes, no negatives at all, with about mid level sweetness. The richness of this flavor cannot be overstated. For a super rich and decadent Vanilla Ice Cream, that has an outstanding mouthfeel, and an almost buttery exhale, this one IS the one to get. If you are concerned about DIK’s (DAAP’s), then you would want to avoid this one. All in, hands down, the Vanilla Ice Cream Champion at an unquestionable 10/10.

4 Likes

I am cursed with pepper on this one unfortunately for me. I have tried it lower and still get it although not s heavy as TFA VBIC in the pepper department it is unfortunately still there for me. Hands down one of the most utilised ice cream flavor out there so give it try for sure. Try a smaller bottle first and fingers crossed you do not get pepper.

4 Likes

How do you go with the CAP and FW versions? I have both but don’t find them particularly nice in mixes. Not sure if it’s the taste you are describing or the VBIC just doesn’t work for my tastes.

3 Likes

@ianc13, if you’re asking me, CAP’s is OK, and the FW is better to my tastes, but nothing beats LB’s IMO.

4 Likes

I loved the original Lava Cake but about a year or so ago I read in a few places that it was being reformulated. I remember it being out of stock everywhere in the U.K. bar one place where I managed to get what seemed to be the last 30ml bottle available because after I had ordered and checked out I went back to check the flavour and it said sold out. It was quite a while before it reappeared on our shelves again.

1 Like

@SessionDrummer Would it be fair these are far from the best? You seem to of scored the Liquid Barn lower than any others i have seen you do single flavour testing for!

1 Like

Far from the best MIGHT be a stretch, but just average would be fair. Some below, and a few above. The Cola Freeze, Lava Cake were the standouts, with the Vanilla Ice Cream, being the TOP of the TOP.

1 Like

Not tried those three, in fact only used 8 of their flavours and 3 of them were a couple of years ago, used the Banana, Belgium Waffle, Sour, Rainbow Sherbet and Creme brule very recently and really don’t rate them at all, will mix in recipes with the same flavours from other brands just to use them up! Maybe i have just been unlucky with the flavours i have tried!

1 Like