Let's talk TC (Temperature Control)

In this case, that translates to “when your money goes faster than your paycheck!”

5 Likes

Truer words were never spoken my friend, Uncle Sam can afford it better than I can…he is going to get all my money…:persevere:

5 Likes

Oh hell, I blew by warped factor 10 years ago. Too many delirium crystals in the 60’s.

5 Likes

Here’s one suggestion. Cute tiny little bugger with two batteries in parallel. I’ve got two of them and really enjoy them. Have the DNA 75C board so if you can snag the international firmware you can try the new “record-a-vape” or whatever it is. At least according to what I’ve heard.

4 Likes

I love my Paranormal so much so I sold my Think Vape Finder 167 which I never thought I would do. Bad thing with getting a DNA250 board right now is the DNA250C is right around the corner, should begin shipping by April from what I hear.

The DNA250C and DNA75C will both have the new Replay feature, 250C first then the 75C with an update later using the international version of escribe. Just think of Replay as TC made easy from what I have gathered so far. Even if you don’t need the power of a DNA250 the board is more efficient than the 75, something like 97% for the 250 as compared to 86% for the 75, the 250 is a better board overall. The older non-c versions will not get Replay, only the new C versions.

I have been chomping at the bit to get the Creator DNA75C, about $88 shipped from FT: https://www.fasttech.com/search?Creator%20DNA75C I got both the Creator IM200 and IM250 and love the form factor and the finish is outstanding. I find myself using them a lot and they take 30mm tops with ease. You can pick up themes for the DNA75C here: http://www.djlsbvapes.com/evolvdna/ or at Evolv’s forum.

Hard to go wrong with a Therion but as you said the battery wrap mangling sucks. I know they made a Paranormal with the DNA75C but there is a short supply, quick google search found that this place has the best selection: https://www.elementvape.com/lost-vape-paranormal-dna75c-tc-box-mod

3 Likes

All I have is a couple of Therion DNA75C’s which I find to be very acceptable, given the battery wrap ripping issue.
As far as the operation goes, I’m very happy.
Sorry I’m not more help.

4 Likes

There is a fix for the battery wrap issue if you want to perform it. Lost Vape “wraps” the positive connectors on the battery sled with a circular ridge that will not allow the negative end of a battery to touch the connection point. I used a Dremel tool and a small grinding bit to shave some of that ridge off. That will leave plenty of room the get the batteries in and out comfortably. Obviously you will loose that mechanical safety mechanism. DNA claims to have battery protections built into the newer boards, so I’m not to sure if the ridges are even necessary any longer. Suffice to say I’m just careful about watching polarity placing the batteries.

4 Likes

Thanks @SmilingOgre interestingly enough I have just had one open, and carefully removed the batteries to see whether that might be a possibility, so thanks for verifying that it is a viable option :grinning:
Now I just need to pluck up the courage to take my Dremel to my mods.

5 Likes

Is probably the cream of the crop right now (though I vaguely recall something about a 75d board, I haven’t read up enough on it to comment).

As the boards are warrantied by Evolv, you won’t have any issue regardless of your choice. But, as far as style and other aspects (whether or not they are properly calibrated from factory for instance) I can’t say. I wouldn’t trust bulk calibrations anyways, so that wouldn’t matter to me (and aside from convenience, doubt it would for you!) :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I hear you. But “we’re an exception to the rule mindset”. We’re spoiled by being musicians, where a quality instrument retains (and even increases) it’s value as time goes on.

Drive a new car off the lot, it loses almost half the value. Stereo, same deal for the majority. Most everything is being intentionally designed with planned obsolescence in mind these days…
And given the rate of change within the electronics industry… It’s going to continue.

Tubes lasted 50+ years. “Solid state” lasted 30+ years. Large surface mount lasted maybe 10 years? And they’ve shrunk that a time or two…
Yes, we’re eventually going to hit the wall, but, will we still be alive (or will it matter by then)? :wink:

Build with those 250c boards if you want maximum power and max efficiency!
Build with those 75c boards if you want maximum ergonomics, and simple interface!
Fuck. Gut a Smoant Cylon for that matter. It’s cheaper still!

Your skills deserve to be seen in a new light (venue)! And it would require a LOT less space and overhead than the “previous” endeavor!

Oh, and I want one of the first of these sure to be mind-blowing marvels! =P grins

4 Likes

Ok. So a little overzealous there on the last one! :laughing:
Honestly, for the level of work going into them, and the reputation on the line, I wouldn’t build with anything but a DNA. :wink:

At least you know they have the same level of pride (and warranty) in their product.

You get my point though! LMAO

3 Likes

All of my DNA equipped mods have been either good or fair upon arrival. Without exception I have elected to do the calibration myself to get them tuned in better. If a person asks me about a mod that is “no fuss” right out of the box, I recommend Yihi. Yihi has been the best “out of the gate” performers for me.

4 Likes

Great point, Yihi is usually more ready to go out of the box and with the ramp up features is more useful for a power mode user. Evolv recently added preheat to power modes which is about time but overall I would rather use a Yihi chip for power mode vaping.

I love my DNA’s but I remember when I got my first one I would up selling it as I was not interested in learning escribe at that time. I wasn’t into TC then and figured why all this hassle if I just want to vape in power mode. Over the years escribe eventually settled in my thick skull but it is not like I jump up and down to open escribe like a school kid.

For TC you can get better results with a DNA board but that is under the assumption that you know what your doing and are interested in putting in the time. I know DNA lovers will point to the rattlesnake effect with Yihi in TC but that is only if you have your joules set too high.

The best DNA mod I have ever received setup out of the box was the Therion BF that had a theme designed by Djlsb. I did make a couple of changes but that was just setting up my battery profile and removing/adding some profiles to suit my needs. Wish all DNA’s came optimized out of the box but that is very rare.

4 Likes

I found a dealio and just ordered a Therion DNA75C for $68 shipped. Ebay has a coupon for 15% off today: PSPRINGTIME not sure if it is today only but I saw it pop up in my app. Wound up ordering the black with Royal snakeskin, here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lost-Vape-Skar-DNA-75-Therion-DNA75C-Authentic-Evolv-Therion-SMOK-Alien/162594652408?hash=item25db6580f8:m:mGf8tDzG2DLi-c48wo0g19w&var=461877212527

3 Likes

Woah!!! That is good!

4 Likes

Nice, glad I could find a deal for the both of us. I get push notifications on my phone for ebay through the app so that is what alerted me. They once had a 20% off coupon and another time $15 off a $75+ purchase and lately they have been putting out the deals.

4 Likes

This has been a very interesting read, yes I read it all :grinning:
Lots of food for thought here, which now needs to be digested. :plate_with_cutlery:

5 Likes

I’d contact eBay, and forward their reply while you’re at it.

Something is definitely sketch there though, I agree.

3 Likes

That is odd, they shipped mine the same day, I should get it Friday. Maybe it is with paypal and the confirmed address thing?

I hope you get it sorted out.

3 Likes

Dang, I was almost gonna order a 2nd one with a different ebay acct to get the discount, if I had I would have gladly shipped it to you once I confirmed all was good.

3 Likes