Jungle Flavors Single Flavor / One Shot Tests Reviewed by SessionDrummer

Reminder…be sure to look at my Comment on your GG’s recipe over at the Calc. site :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you very much, @whthek. Glad you got it to smooth out.

1 Like

Ho Ho Ho !!!

@FlavorJungle was kind enough to send these out for some Holiday Testing…

4 Likes

Apple Fritter (Jungle Flavors) 11% (12-20-20) – First Jungle Flavors One Shot on deck, and perfect for the Holidays. I could smell the dough element when mixing, and wasn’t sure about how it would fare vaping, but it quickly became obvious, it just worked. The dough actually worked very well, as it portrayed both a baked, and almost undercooked dough at the same time, which perfectly suited a Fritter. The apple elements tasted somewhat unique, and were a great choice for this one shot, as they were not a typical “pie filling”, not heavy on the cinnamon, which really worked here. Almost a Fuji-ish punch on the top end, and overall it leaned more towards a fresh apple, than a filling apple. Slight amounts of spice but very low in the mix, so as not to overwhelm the apples and dough. Sweetness was mid level, and as a total vape, it really worked, and tasted different, which helped elevate it from the typical apple bakeries out there. Def. a tester tank finisher for me. Handily handing it up at a 9.5/10.

5 Likes

Donut Holes (Jungle Flavors) 12.5% (12-20-20) – Five days before Christmas and I need a Donut Vape !!! Did I get one, or a lump of coal ?? I got one !!! For starters, this is probably one of the BEST Donut flavor/one-shots I have tried, and that’s saying something. I may have detected some of my old friend FA Zeppola in here, but it tasted like a bit more than just that. The donut notes were fresh and fried if that makes sense, along with a nice helping of glazed sugar. It sat at about mid level sweet, which is fine for a donut. “Just say NO to PlayDoh” and this one does just that. I couldn’t detect any heavy notes to sway the donut/dough which left it neutral, but could easily be spiked with Strawberry, Raspberry, etc. if needed. As it stood, for a 50/50 dough/fried dough donut, with a delicious glazed coating, this one did exactly that, and never left you wanting. Feels perfectly donuty good @ 9.8/10.

5 Likes

Mango Mafia (Jungle Flavors) 12% (12-20-20) – I’d heard from more than one user that this MM was their favorite, and I might just know why now. It’s a BOMB in MANGO form for sure. Admittedly I’m not a huge fruit’er, but this one, might have changed that. The mango was full, present, and in your face throughout the entire vape. It was full spectrum with dark, mid, and high end punch, so nothing was left out of this Mafia party. Def. a complex mix, and at times I couldn’t help but wonder if JF threw in some of their Honey Peach to this one, but that is not confirmed. Sweetness was maybe a tick above mid level, but not fatiguing, and I checked by blowing through two tester tanks on this one. A very natural tasting, full spectrum Mango is what you get with this one, and coming from a non-fruit guy, couldn’t go lower than 9.8/10.

4 Likes

Strawberry Bubble Gum (Jungle Flavors) 9.5% (12-21-20) – I’ve tried some ehh, and pretty bad bubblegums before, and thankfully this one, was neither. It actually presented as a very GOOD bubblegum, BUT, with a twist. The Strawberry. It was layered into the mix fairly low, so as not to overwhelm the bubblegum. The BBG was pink, accurate, and quite tasty, and it was very close to a “BubbleYum” flavor. The strawberry, while somewhat lower in the mix, did a really good job of shifting the bubble gum, but just a bit. Not an overpowering SB, dragging the gum along for the ride, but more of an accent TO the bubble gum. I think it was a wise, and different choice, and vaping it, throughout two tankfuls, it never wandered. Sweetness was about mid level, and great for a bubblegum, and even after 2 tanks, I couldn’t pull any off-putting, or chemical notes out of it. You can’t blow bubbles with this one, but you’d almost think you could. Very nice, not overly complex different take on bubble gum. 9.7/10.

4 Likes

Tiger’s Blood (Jungle Flavors) 15% (12-22-20) – I smelled this one while mixing up this series, and did a double take. Wait, this is a Tiger’s Blood ?? !!! From the Flavor Jungle …

Add the sweet taste of a fruit cocktail with watermelon, cherry, kiwi, and honeydew to your next DIY recipe!

Wait, Cherry, Kiwi, and Honeydew ?? !! OK, this was NOT was I was used to in regards to a TB, so figured we’d close out this series with an enigma. Blasphemy or Godliness ?? I tried to check my “Reservations” at the door. I’m not sure if this will replace my more typical TB, but it was a fairly interesting fruit cocktail. I was picking up the WM, Cherry, Kiwi, and Honeydew, and as a blend, it WAS indeed, quite interesting. Nothing felt out of place in this (new to me) mashup, and it actually worked well. Sweetness was below mid level, and strangely enough, kept me interested throughout the tankful. Not being a huge fruit-ster, it takes a bit to get, and keep me interested in a fruit medley. This one had just enough tart, and sweet to keep it interesting, and the unexpected (to me) combination kept it that way. My favorite aspect of this one would probably be the tart cherry finish on it. Would I label this a TB ?? Probably not. Would I pick up a bottle ?? Yes. :slight_smile: Tartly at a 9.0/10.

5 Likes

:star: Jungle Flavor Ultimate Strawberry       ( Overall Grade: A )

Hardware RDA / RTA Sweetness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Style DTL Juiciness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Concentration 2.5% to 4% Mouth Feel :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Steeped - 10 days Throat Hit :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
:small_red_triangle:PROS Very realistic sweet ripe strawberry
:small_red_triangle_down:CONS Only available in 30 ml atm
:small_orange_diamond:TAGS : :1st_place_medal: Super Star :
:small_orange_diamond:USES : All by Itself :: Primary Flavor :: Component of Trinity :: Accent Note :

• TARGET FLAVOR
    Dive into the ultimate in sweet strawberry flavoring with our brand new Ultimate Strawberry. A special blend that takes you straight to the top of all strawberries.

• ACCURACY :   :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:   EXACTLY LIKE THE DESCRIPTION

:small_blue_diamond: Flavor Description :small_blue_diamond:
Fresh of the shake it has an impressive smell. I would buy any Strawberry direct of the shelves smelling like that. It’s exactly the smell of strawberries when they’re fully juicy and don’t need to ripen anymore. A hint of sweetness is in the air.
A strawberry in great standing, I taste a light sweetness. There’s a hint of the typical acidity which could also turn a little greenish. Realistic representation of a strawberry so far of the shake.
After 3 days the sweetness is more coming through and I taste a fully bodied ripe strawberry without any off notes and the fruity acidity is mellowed in. The juiciness is exactly what I expect from a realistic strawberry.
Is it the ultimate strawberry? I can’t say, but it gained enough of my love to work a little bit more with strawberries in the future. It is for sure one of the better ones and can be easily used in recipes over 4%, where I like it most.

:small_blue_diamond: Comments :small_blue_diamond:
At the moment I have only seen it at Flavorjungle.com and in 30 ml (and bigger) size.
There have been discussions if this can be used by strawberry mutes, which I can’t judge and I didn’t read any confirmation. If you have tested it and were able to taste it as a strawberry mute, please leave a comment since this would bring this concentrate even more to the top of the list of strawberry flavors.

4 Likes

Loving this one again @SteveTC. I really like the format, and again, you’re making me want to PUSH mine up, and test it early !!

3 Likes

I just may be a strawberry mute because to date I have not found a strawberry flavor that actually tasted like strawberry to me…
Testing the Ultimate Strawberry - Jungle Flavors at 4%, 10 day steep and I taste STRAWBERRY :+1: , like the mashed up strawberries we used to pile on top of sponge cake as a kid.
Definitely not sweet enough for me as a solo but there’s sweetness there and a bit of creamy texture at lower wattage. Just a tad on the green side for me at higher wattage, which I’m sure some added sweetener will take care of that.
Did I find my “Ultimate Strawberry” … probably not because I’m biased and think there’s no such thing in vape form, BUT this is the closest I’ve come so far. All in all - this is a good one!

8 Likes

Just mixed up all of the Ultimates, and 2 more One Shots from Flavor Jungle.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to hear about em’… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

They all smelled great on the shake, and the Ultimate Cake Batter, smelled REALLY good, and far different from any CB I have tried to date. Can’t wait to see what’s what @whthek.

4 Likes

That’s the one that I’m really eager to hear your thoughts on but they all sound exciting. Thank you S.D. :grin:

4 Likes

You’re welcome @JimmyLee. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ultimate Brown Sugar (Flavor Jungle) 2.5% (10-7-22) – Four years later, the Jungle Flavor / Flavor Jungle tests continue. I’m fairly certain I’ve NEVER solo’d a Brown Sugar before, so let’s get this on !!!
Having NO real info on these new flavors, I was guessing at the starting testing weights, and chose 2.5% for this one, and it worked out PERFECTLY. Wow, COULD you solo, and enjoy JUST a Brown Sugar ?? YES, you could. This one presented as a spot on, perfect Brown Sugar, and @ 2.5%, it was damned fine, all by itself. While the actual color of the flavor was almost clear, it tasted like a super rich, mid, to dark brown sugar. There was an almost buttery undertone to this one, that added to the delish-ish-ness. A tick or two above mid level sweet (duh, sugar), and it was spot on without being fatiguing. The molasses and sugar pairing was as good as I’ve ever had, and better. I don’t know if it’s the ULTIMATE BS, but it is now going to be my top shelf BS choice. Nothing off-putting, nothing out of place, and about impossible to nit pick down. I didn’t get any artificial notes,and it presented as a very natural flavor. While finishing the third tester, I already had some ideas about pairing this with OOO’s Cornbread, and SSA’s Caramel Biscuit. If you need a Brown Sugar, or want a really GOOD one, just stop reading this, and buy this one. Unquestionably a 10/10.

4 Likes

Ultimate Cake Batter (Flavor Jungle) 4% (10-7-22) – This one immediately jumped out to me when I was mixing these testers up, as it smelled VERY good. After the steeping, and now, during the test, it is, and was still VERY good. if you’ve been let down by other Cake Batters, and, don’t like the chemical-ness of CAP’s, you should read on. Just like the Ultimate Brown Sugar before it, this one was stellar, and could EASILY be vaped AS IS, nothing else needed. It presented as a somewhat lighter white cake, with swirling elements of batter, icing, and almost sprinkles on top. NOW, I went through 3 testers trying to decide if it was batter-y enough. On just taste alone, it was simply a 10/10 right out of the gate @ 4%, and despite some swirling around, shifting, and lack of clarity on the “batter” part, I’ve decided it IS, batter-y enough. At 4% it was VERY nicely full, and perfectly captured a sweet, white cake, BUT, not cooked at all. No browned edges, or baked notes to be had here.

To be honest, it was a surprisingly GREAT vape, all on it’s own, and stayed pretty interesting, due to the “swirling” that I got on the mid, and finish. A few ticks above mid level sweet, no off notes, or anything remotely resembling much of the “chemical-ness” I got from CAP’s. Clean, vanilla, white cake that finished with an almost “sprinkle” finish. You could possibly single this lower at maybe 3%, but even at my testing weight of 4% there were no signs of hitting the ceiling, or flavor folding. The vanilla cake notes stayed true without becoming creamy, or ice-cream-like, and stayed solidly in the white vanilla cake arena. Most (if not all) cakes I have currently have a more finished, or baked aspect, and this one did not, which helped keep it in the “batter”. If you like white, vanilla cake batter, with an almost sprinkle-like finish, you SHOULD get this one. After these tests are complete, I’m going to mix this one up with some OSDIY Lucky Shot, with a pinch of INW Biscuit. As I stated earlier on, I would have 10/10’d this right out of the gate JUST on taste/experience alone, and will mark it down (sniff, sniff), JUST a smidge for needing a smidge more batter. Easily, and deliciously a 9.5/10.

4 Likes

Ultimate Strawberry (Flavor Jungle) 3.5% (10-8-22) – Moving onto this, the third of the NEW Ultimate Series, which has been out for some time but I’m just getting around to reviewing. Thankfully I’m not SB Mute, and won’t be able to attest to it’s ability to break through for those who are. I have however, read some notes stating some people who WERE mutes, could taste this one. At 3.5% it felt very good, full, and had no signs of overflavoring. To my descriptive palate it presented as almost a medley of Strawberries. Juicy Red, White, and Green. Wait, whut ?? Green ?? Hehe, yes, it’s what I call the “FLV Alpine Effect”. I went three testers into this one to try and really nail down what I felt the actual breakdown OF the medley was. I finally settled on 60% Juicy Red, 25% White, and 15% Green. Now it might be hard to wrap your head around that, but suffice it to say, a Medley is where this one landed for me. A very GOOD medley, but I did not pull a pure, red only strawberry from this one. Now, because it DID present as a medley that should, and would really open up it’s uses across multiple profiles. It tasted very natural with no artificial notes, and it had no jammed, or candied notes. I did get some slight tartness from what I am calling the White, and Green side, and the sweetness was JUST below mid-level at my testing weight of 3.5%. All in, it tasted VERY good, AND, because it did span across multiple types of SB’s, it stayed interesting throughout my tests. I don’t know if it’s the Ultimate or not, but it’s a damned good juicy strawberry with aspects of Red, White, and Green SB’s. It felt good @ 9.3/10.

3 Likes

Ultimate Vanilla Custard (Flavor Jungle) 4% (10-9-22) – Trying to design a Vanilla Custard that’s perfect for everyone, IS, impossible. I was curious to see what Flavor Jungle considered the “Ultimate”. As soon as I tasted this, I had three flavor profiles, that continued through multiple testers, until the end. It was like a pairing of CAP’s VC 1, with Vanillin, or Vanilla, and some EM thrown in on top. It had a lot of the same eggy-ness that CAP’s has, but missing were some of the buttery richness, but not completely. The vanilla felt enhanced or boosted somewhat, and there was a light, almost pudding-like note in there, that could have been from the vanilla boost. Sweetness was about a tick above mid-level, but wasn’t fatiguing, and I would swear there was some EM in there somewhere. @4% it was very full, and somewhat rich, just missing some of the rich buttery notes. As a whole it worked, and seemed to try and straddle a somewhat eggy custard, tempered with vanilla, with pudding aspects. Would it be the Ultimate for you ?? Depends on what YOU define as a VC. It felt good @ 4% without being over-flavored, or cloying, and could indeed be solo’d. My personal tastes lean more towards a pudding-like VC than a strict, heavy eggy VC, so my tastes may vary from yours. Pretty good as it was, and could clearly be tweaked if needed. With only one “Ultimate” flavor left to test, I can ASSURE you, that I WILL be mixing this up, maybe 50/50 with Flavor Jungle’s Ultimate Strawberry, just to see what’s what. As this one stood, with only minor take-offs for somewhat reduced buttery-ness, it felt good at 9/10.

3 Likes