E-liquid Homogenizer Project - Another Step Forward

Oh… I can just sense the “wibble-wobble” from here! (and yes…that’s the technical term. :crazy_face: lol)

9 Likes

So I was thinking about my situation, I must do things with 1 hand, so a holder for the Dremil is going to be almost a must for me. I did a search, and found the attached picture,. I think it might work. I will post the link too.

9 Likes

Ok thank you for the feedback.

7 Likes

Perfect thank you.
And why am I awake at this hour of the morning? Must be to read your message. Haha.

11 Likes

Showing my husband the pictures, he is saying he can do any of that, but. I have to supervise, cause he has to do it right lol. Or we will have trouble. :wink:

7 Likes

Once the generator arrives I will see how it may be possible to use with the Dremel 4000 on the Dremel Workstation. It does however look like I will be hand holding the Dremel initially while I figure it out.

6 Likes

Yes, I also thought it might not work as the throw is so short, however without the actual tool it is impossible for me to say.
That is the one I have. The Dremel 4000 attaches to the stand by means of a big plastic locknut arrangement, so that would no doubt interfere with connecting one to the other.
I’ll take some pics.

5 Likes

Here are some pics of the general area that is going to cause the issues.

Uploading: IMG_0171.jpeg…

5 Likes

I will have a hunt around for a 3/4 12 tpi see if i can scare one up

5 Likes

What is the outside diameter of the plastic sleeve it may be easier to drill out the plastic cup to slide right over that

4 Likes

i have a stand here too and i think it would actually be easier to remove the captive plastic nut - there may be enough for it to hold pretty well just resting in the cup. (it is 2 pieces)

4 Likes

As soon as they land i will have a play and report back

6 Likes

@Tworrs - I will let you know how it goes but the bottom of the cup clips off - if you get a micro screwdriver to release the tags the captive nut and the assembly will release pretty easily - it would just require the hole to be enlarged to fit the plastic housing.
You can see the location of where the tag fit into the main housing - it can be released from either side but it is easier to release the tags from the inside of the cup

7 Likes

I didn’t buy it. No. I had seen it, and thought I would ask before buying. :wink:

5 Likes

I reckon that once the generator arrives it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out a suitable method of suspending the Dremel, I just need to have all the kit in hand to figure it out.
I would also like to be able to have a drop in and lift out by hand arrangement, rather than lifting and lowering with a lever.
If none of this works, I will just fabricate a stand as has been suggested.
Thanks so much for all the input though guys it really is appreciated.

7 Likes

Yes, the travel of the handle mechanism is only 2" but there is still the shaft travel so it could be done.
As you mentioned before it would be better with a drop in arrangement.

4 Likes

I have to agree with you @Pennywise that would be a pain to me too.

3 Likes

Will report back later today

10 Likes

Just to toss another option into the ring…

I much prefer the assembly line/jeweler’s bench approach with respect to this particular situation.

I think it would be far easier (and maybe cheaper) to use a hanger with a retraction mechanism (of whatever preference).

I was originally picturing a (stiffer) spring-supported type system, but haven’t yet found a picture example. What I did find may or may not be suitable, but at least it conveys the idea.

Rather than a press, I would prefer a stand (that’s ‘permanently’ close at hand, with an arm at the top, which can be swiveled (into position as needed, and then back into an out of the way ‘resting’ position):

Attached to the upper arm is where the options come to play. If you use the following, then there’s no spring involved (at least of the type I’m trying to describe):

I would want a non-latching mechanism on the above type of device (I’m not sure if the one above does or does not latch). Meaning I wouldn’t want to be bothered extending it down into position, and then clicking on a release button of whatever sort, to have it retract every time you pull it down to use it. (That would get old quickly.)

The other would be where the Dremel itself is supported by a spring (using the clip on the Dremel on the end of the spring), and has enough travel (give) to lower it into position, and then returns to its resting position upon release.
(I’m pretty sure I’ve seen similar apparatus in dentists offices in years gone by, and I know I’ve seen it on jeweler’s benchs. But whether or not they’re still available new, I don’t know.)

Anyways, food for thought!

7 Likes

Yes Simon’s method could well be the answer, however as you say the Dremel stand does have a hook arrangement on the top of the main shaft.
@Sprkslfly is thinking more along the lines of a retractable style I think.

4 Likes