E-liquid Homogenizer Project - Another Step Forward

No hassle at all.
Just run it in a 120ml of water, water/alcohol, PG, or whatever else that has already been suggested, and on to the next mix.

10 Likes

Not sure how you could have been around this many years and not picked up on that, but if that’s the case, then I’m glad you admitted it (and shared it) here.

It obviously means that there ARE others out there that don’t grasp the connection, and it’s kind of a basic “Law of Mixing” IMO/IME.

8 Likes

PREACH clown!! :crazy_face:
(man… That just doesn’t sound right! LMAO)

9 Likes

Well let me say this a DIFFERENT way @Sprkslfly , yeah, yeah, VG is thick, and that’s how I like it, but there’s a LARGE undercurrent here regarding the FLAVOR molecules needing to (whatever it is they do), that I often thought, was the most IMPORTANT part of the equation, but nec. the VG thickness. I’ve actually experimented with some of my tried and true custards, and bakeries, wherein I flipped the VG/PG, meaning, instead of 70v/30p, I mixed them at 70p/30v, and I didn’t really notice any HUGE steeping differences, which lead me back to my original assumption, that the FLAVOR molecules had a lot to do with it.

6 Likes

I’ve noted that chatter as well but I can’t help but wonder just who can assess what “flavor molecules” do or don’t do, and which “flavor molecule” does it. It sounds like a sophisticated assertion on the surface, one that would be difficult to refute. My thought is it is only that with little substance.

9 Likes

Lol, I’ve heard that chatter also, that oxidation is part of the desired maturation process. Something else I could never buy into. Obviously, oxidation requires oxygen and as you have noted the homogenizer does not introduce atmospheric oxygen into the mix. In the vernacular, your mix rusts with oxidation. A big no thanks on my part.

10 Likes

It reminds me of the kindergarten experiment where children whisper something between them and at the end of the chain the message is something else entirely. Could be something turns into this is it period.

9 Likes

I agree, the stand is just not necessary and I have no interest in picking one up after using the GC for as long as I have. The only time the stand would really help out is if your doing multiple large batches or if using both hands is not feasible. I have done about a dozen 100ml batches in one session and hand held it all, never felt the need for a stand because of the added hassle.

You gotta admit though, our Popeye forearms probably help, not that we do any extra curricular activities that would lead to such uneven muscle tone :thinking:

10 Likes

I think a stand would be nice but I’m not going to mess with one. It really isn’t that difficult to hold the thing for less than a minute.

8 Likes

Some of the bs reminds me of (potentially) how many little girls went around kissing frogs (with false hopes). :laughing:

8 Likes
8 Likes

I’ve been suffering from tendinitis in my right elbow for around 2 months now, and I’m left handed… Clearly being an utter wanker has its advantages :muscle::smirk: ((:fist:))…
As you know…

9 Likes

OMG I LAUGEHD MY A$$ OFF with the popeye video. That was brilliant.

6 Likes

I have to remember to “watch” this thread and others.

I find myself with a bit of a dilemma. The GC, being aptly named, can totally clean up my unorganized “testing” area. It can literally change the game for me. Obviously I can rearrange my workspace by adding shelves and a dating system. Seems so “old school” now though, don’t you think?

With that in mind and knowing I have commitments to keep and SFT’s to complete. My main goal is the DIYer and whomever else may benefit from what I and others do. We may get “free” concentrates but we also put in a lot of time and effort. I usually sell my time for a lot more but this is for the vapers and the beginner and the smokers that haven’t found the way yet.

Yikes, this is getting long-winded eh?

Aannyywhoo, What do y’all think? Should I do SFT’s one at a time with the GC and have a much less complicated life or do I owe it to…? OK, wrong words. Is steep time important enough to organize and label and having hundreds of small to medium bottles, some with lots of liquid some with little? Is it so important that it needs to be relayed to the people?

I know a lot of y’all take extensive notes, do reviews, and do DIY shows, and more and I am curious to know what y’all think.

6 Likes

Thing is mate you can mix steep and vape multiple % in a single 10 min show

7 Likes

Ya, that’s awesome. So awesome. While on the subject of show and I know I have asked this multiple times but could you hook me up with a link?

Also, if anybody knows of other shows. I get overwhelmed sometimes and don’t get a chance to watch
but I want to.

8 Likes

sure thing mate
we have one tonight for you 7pm eastern

https://www.youtube.com/c/OGADIY/videos

9 Likes

Oh man, how exciting! It must be a blast are you having fun then?

6 Likes

Awesome thanks. I’ll even set a reminder.

7 Likes

ya it is fun - bit of work behind the scenes but it is forcing me to type out all my flavour notes from over the years from my bashed up notebooks

8 Likes