Furry Family

I know exactly what you’re talking about, fortunately mine have all buggered off :rofl:

6 Likes

@anon96069639 @Jose

You two almost make me want a dog.
(they’re so cute)
Almost. :laughing: :wink:

I’d love to babysit them. But my boys would have a git-fit. :rofl:

5 Likes

She was the last of the three that I had together. Both the big dogs died age 14 1/2, the first one was still happy and jolly and seemingly perfectly all right the day before he died and then he died. The second hasn’t been sick for very long either, a few months.

Monty has been really, really old for many, many years and it really is depressing at times. She wouldn’t greet me coming home cause she didn’t hear me, I could talk to her, and I did, but it was pretty one sided. She didn’t want to go out for walks either etc.

Having this pup made me realise how many aspects of having a dog have been lacking for a number of years already.
The sheer enthusiasm I was greeted with this morning when I woke up or when she hasn’t seen me for a whole minute is priceless :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

Not at my house but they appear to have found and photographed what they think maybe the biggest huntsman spider ever seen. I blame Fukushima Daiichi (even though it is a long way away it is the only explanation for this :flushed::flushed::flushed:

6 Likes

Thread’s called what again?

Holy crap you haunted my sleep tonight.

7 Likes

well i think it is a pet and it is furry.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Looks like a crab so it must be tasty with butter.

6 Likes

Fortunately I did not have any spider nightmares last night. What a creepy critter.

4 Likes

My son has a pet tarantula. No spider nightmares in our house :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m really not a spider-scaredy-cat. I’m certainly wary of the brown recluse and black widows that live around me, because poison. But there is a size limit where they pass from insect to demon stalker. That spider breached the limit.

I remember one time getting the now long-gone above ground pool ready for summer. I was taking off the winter cover and when I lifted one section, there were several large black widows on the ledge. I admit, I squeaked and ran off like a little girl. Returned with a can of bug spray and unloaded most of it on them once my heart rate subsided.

Another time we were sitting outside in the driveway drinking and smoking one summer night. A large spider began making its’ way up the driveway towards the garage. Being the ever-so-cool dude I am, I took my flip-flop and whacked it good. Rather than simply dying, like a good spider would, it had a full egg pouch on its’ back that burst open when I struck it, sending hundreds of little spiders scattering everywhere. Unfortunately, another squeal like a small child moment followed by a steady stream of wasp spray.

5 Likes

My brother had a pet tarantula, it never bothered me either. Probably because he was in the Air Force in Alaska at the time though.

If it doesn’t fit under my shoe and won’t die in one blow, it is a Demon Stalker.

6 Likes

My Girlie and Camo ! : :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My buddy in town has a new ‘pet’ - cheeky little bugger

9 Likes

cute AF, but aren’t they meant to be a bit vicious?

3 Likes

Na not really they are a bit territorial but worse they can do is scratch you mind you the claws are kinda sharp - most of the time they are tired a/f from eating Eucalyptus leaves (takes a lot of energy to digest em apparently) so they spend most of the day sleeping.

7 Likes

A couple of critters invaded my mixing room
These are 2 different Huntsman spiders on the same chair

7 Likes

I can send you the instructions for my special spider flamethrower, so you can send those little Satan spawns back to hell where they belong lol

9 Likes

And this officially ended Phil’s plans to go visit @woftam someday.

9 Likes

Now you know why I live in New Zealand and not Australia :joy:

7 Likes

Here is Ted, he was a rescue dog and what a dog we got,

somEhow he had been returned to the rescue centre 4 times before we got him, I still shake my head in disbelief that that could happen, well he’s got an amazing life now, walks the Yorkshire moors Almost every day, every Saturday night he gets a special meal like us, and every sunday he gets an omelette made

10 Likes