FLAVRZ Flavor-Shots, and One-Shots tested by SessionDrummer

Splice (FLAVRZ) (One Shot) 25% (8-22-23) – Wow, this is the LASTEST LAST flavor for me to review in this MASSIVE series from FLAVRZ. 111 flavors, Flavor Shots, and One Shots. It has taken me almost 5 months to complete this. Onto the SPLICE. Up until testing this one I had never heard of Splice before, but apparently, it is a popular Ice Cream in Australia Vanilla Ice Cream, Pineapple, and a hint of Lime ?? Oh YES, that’s a winning combo. The Vanilla Ice Cream was creamy, rich, and believable, with a good mouthfeel, tempered into that was a bright (almost VTA Sugarloaf) Pineapple with bright punchy yellow notes, and JUST beneath the surface, was a slight hint of lime. Just like it was advertised. BUT, hehe I know, I know, there WAS some cooling, and it was light, to medium light, but I could detect it. As always you have to decide for yourselves, as I am NOT a cooling guy. I felt like it had, or was muting some of the flavor profiles just a bit. At 25% it was full, but it felt like it was almost being held BACK by the cooling. I would LOVE to test this flavor WITHOUT cooling, and verify this. The overall fusion of the three main elements was GREAT. No off=notes, and the pairing of a creamy Vanilla Ice Cream, and a bright punchy Pineapple was brilliant. Even WITH the cooling, I couldn’t NOT blow through all 3 testers before I knew it. No off-notes, except for the cooling, BUT, that will be a personal taste thing. I was glad to have such a great flavor close out this MASSIVE SERIES of tests. I struggled to rate this one, as I couldn’t prove the cooling was tempering down the overal flavors or not, but I felt like it was. Was that final assessment (guess), I decided to kick it down 1.5 to an 8.5/10. You may rate it higher if you aren’t as opposed to cooling as I am. All in, a great overall profile that just plain worked.

2 Likes

Wow, this was a LONG SERIES guys, and I don’t have to tell you. 5 months of testing to get through all of these. If you’ve hung in there, to this point, then I DO salute you. It was a LOT of time, work, and effort on my part, and if you’ve read them all, then THAT has been some work for you too.

I want to thank Darren aka @Jetz from FLAVRZ for not only sending these all out for the purposes of these reviews, but giving a LOT of additional information on their flavors, how they make them, and even some very interesting industry information as well. I was exposed to quite a few flavors, profiles, even recipes, many of whom were based on Australian drinks, deserts, and more, that I would have never known of, if not for these tests. That’s always a GREAT day as a reviewer. Some greats, some really interestings, and much more.

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Flavor Shots:

One Shots:

1 Like

As alway’s, SD, I appreciate your time, and dedication to our craft. The vast, detailed database of flavor review’s which you continue to grow, are an invaluable resource. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey thanks a lot @whthek !!!

1 Like