Flavor Labs Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

Grape Wild (Flavor Labs) 6% (11-6-20) – For the last flavor in this series, the Grape Wild was a very unique finish. Having tried Flavor Labs’ Grape, this one was similar in so much that it presented as a rich, and full mid / semi-dark grape, but with something else. It took me quite a while to try and figure out how to explain the “wild” in it, and I finally got it. It tasted like white wine on top of a purple grape. NOT a darker wine, but literally a nice juicy purple grape, WITH, some white wine thrown in on top. Once I had that realization, I couldn’t see it any other way. Your perceptions may vary, but as a whole, it did work pretty convincingly as a Wild Grape. Was full, but more relaxed than FL’s Grape at this testing weight, and sweetness was below mid level. Throughout the tank it stayed convincing, fairly natural, and with no off-putting notes. Now that I’ve had both this and the regular Grape, I think I prefer this one, as it tasted more natural, and the “wildness” worked really good. All in, leaving this higher than the Grape, @ 8.5/10.

2 Likes