Feature request (disliked flavors)

One of the problems I’ve had previously is not wanting to remove a flavor I don’t like from my stash, otherwise I am very likely to have forgotten that I’ve bought it before, and it didn’t work out.

It would be of great benefit (and very much appreciated) if we could have something along the lines of say… A way to mark flavors as “do not buy again”, which would then make the flavor appear in red on the stash.

I’m open to other options of course, but it would really be nice to (quickly and clearly) see which flavors I don’t want to revisit/use on my stash.

Thoughts?

14 Likes

Excellent idea, I’m slowly getting around to reworking the whole stash / inventory and this would be a great feature to have.

This would definitely be the simplest way to do it

This is what I’m thinking:

• Flavour stash (similar to what we have already)
  • Cost + bottle size
  • Amount in ML’s in your stash
  • Flavour Note
  • Where you bought it
  • Personal Rating - 1-5 star system
  • Favourite Flavours - (not sure how this could work, needs more thought)
  • Flavours you’ve tried and want to avoid - maybe a separate section for this, again, needs more thought

Feel free to make suggestions on how you want the stash / inventory to work and how you would like the UI to look.

Right now I’m using dataTables for a lot of the pages for its ease of use but it is limiting what I can do, I have looked at alternatives and looked into point blank coding my own system but that would take quite a bit of time

11 Likes

Good idea, this tells me, i must import my recipes.

I need to wake up and find the time for a moving day :hugs:pprWSYuAz5Vxm

6 Likes

Dog waking the kid. TFF

4 Likes

I like those ideas Grubby… if you could put some css into the list, color code it out.
think that would be a good thing :slight_smile:

Cost is fab idea… gota have that!

My question is will there be a way to keep it all private if you do not wish to share all that info?

the rest I like too… if you can figure a way to code it all. That is a huge amount of work… :slight_smile:
Will be sweet tho in the end.

5 Likes

This all sounds great! I just exported my recipes and need to pick a minute to bring em here. So much tv to watch. So little time. Plus all these damn distracti… squirrel!

6 Likes

It would be good, to have 1-3 fields for what it is good to sub and a way to use this in the recipe search.

3 Likes

I don’t know what you mean

4 Likes

I don’t think that is feasible the permutations and combinations would make anyone cry. I just don’t think it is possible to do subs in that way

I sort of get the op request to mark a flavour do not buy again but I am positive that there are some more pressing things before it is considered

4 Likes

Oh I’m sure!
Just wanted to add it to the list. :wink:

I still have to get mine transferred over, but I’ve been waiting until the dust from the overhauls settles. chuckles

4 Likes

I like to sub TFA Cantaloupe with CAP Cantaloupe, so I would add it there. And maybe a field with the ratio.
So I don’t have to figure it out again, when I need a sub flavor.
I hope I expressed it better this time.

3 Likes

I think I understand.

When you view a recipe, if it has TFA Cantaloupe, you would want to sub that with CAP Cantaloupe correct?

3 Likes

Exactly and if it’s 4% TFA, I want it 2% CAP, because I added a .5 factor for calculating the sub percentage.

3 Likes

I see, ok, I’ll add it to the list as something to look into, thanks

3 Likes