Come and have a laugh

10 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

I don’t like to brag about going to expensive places but I filled up with fuel yesterday. :grin:

USA $4 USD a gallon
Australia - yesterday I paid $5.44 USD a gallon ($1.97 AUD a litre)

7 Likes

Perhap’s I should start a thread titled ‘Come and have a Cry’, because I think in a few more week’s $4-5/gal. will be considered a good price.

Russia warns of $300 oil, threatens to cut off European gas supplies

Russia has threatened to close a major gas pipeline to Germany and warned of $300 oil prices if the West goes ahead with a ban on energy exports. “It is absolutely clear that a rejection of Russian oil would lead to catastrophic consequences for the global market,” Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak said in an address on state television.

“The surge in prices would be unpredictable. It would be $300 per barrel if not more.”

5 Likes

Fuel is cheap over there, $8.97 USD over here but then like Canada we go by the Imperial Gallon which is 4.54609 litres rather than the US Gallon which is 3.785 litres! It’s £1.52 per litre so even going by the US Gallon of 3.785 litres that equals £5.7532 which is the equivalent to $7.543 USD!

7 Likes

My brain hurts after reading that!

5 Likes

Now I’m really confused , I’ll stick to the US methods of measuring :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Convert Pints (UK) to Gallons (UK) (pt → gal) so complicated 8 UK pints equals 1 UK Gallon as well but not 1 US Gallon just like 8 US pints equals 1 US Gallon but not a UK Gallon, lol!

7 Likes

Indeed!!

Remember last time we had a major gas price hike? Prior to that, here in SC, USA, we were paying just under $1/gallon. Gasoline went up here to well over $3/gallon. When those prices finally deflated again, we never got back close to the previous prices. The idea of a “good price” changed and when we saw $2/gallon prices, that was awesome. Yeah, double the previous price is now a good price.

Yesterday…

https://i.imgur.com/IdC0ah8.jpg

So in a year from now, I’ll be on the phone with my wife saying guess what, I just found gasoline for $3.95/gallon! You need to come top off.

3 Likes

So, that’s $3.969/gal. I paid $4.999/gal. for diesel yesterday, here in this sick state of CT. Headed south shortly…got any smoker meal’s planned in the near future?! lol. I could be tempted to divert from a straight path to the sunshine state!

3 Likes

Your petrol (gas) prices are cheaper now than they were before these latest rises in the UK, noticed on the news last night £1.92 a litre that’s $2.525!

4 Likes

Got to walk past petrol station on my way to the supermarket in a bit will note down the prices there!

4 Likes

No arguments here!

1 Like

I am assuming the footage showing the price on a petrol (gas) pump on the news last night must of been both Diesel and down South, possibly London! The price at my local shell station is

Unleaded Petrol £1.62 ($2.13)
Diesel £1.80 ($2.39)

4 Likes

At least 70% of which is tax.

4 Likes

Yeah since 1979 apart from a few years with New Labour we have had Conservative Governments that claim to have a low tax ideology, low tax for the rich the rest of us are swimming in it! With so called trickle down economics I wouldn’t mind knowing when it’s going to trickle down to me!

4 Likes

Probably never.

3 Likes

Yep, I had worked that one out a few years back!

3 Likes

Gas just east of Toronto right now is $1.90 CDN per litre, £1.14 GBP, $1.49 USD or $5.67 for a USA gallon.

Although :canada: is in the top 5 worldwide producers, it’s over in Alberta a western province and there’s no west to east movement of gas, so we import :upside_down_face:

We did ban Russian gas, we’re so great :clap: :clap: :clap: even though we last imported a little back in 2019 :clown_face:

4 Likes