Capella Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

I am starting to wonder if these new Capella flavours are ever going to come to the U.K. newly released flavours would normally be available here by now.

4 Likes

Expected probably in about 2 weeks. Both Chefs and Nomnomz have it ordered and waiting for the shipment (Chefs probably getting SSA sooner than that).

4 Likes

I thought the same, it was gonna cost me about $70 Au, for postage if I got them from the states.

Thanks, good to know, I’ll keep my eye out.

5 Likes

Well that’s good to know, thank you. I have been holding out on making an order until they are available here.

4 Likes

Yeah, same here. Hardly waiting, so i had to ask them (and when Chefs get SSA). No clear date, but based on their answer it shouldn’t take long.

4 Likes

@marsh8 @JimmyLee Nomnomz finally got 5 new Capellas + 2 more will be added in a day or two (Nut Muffin and Pineapple), and two will be added someday later (not soon; Frosting and Milkshake). I already made an order. (+ they got additional 12 new SSA if anyone interested; i put a list under SSA thread here).

I talked to Chefs regarding SSA and they are still in ‘‘the testing process before they decide what they’ll stock’’ and they won’t be added in May.

5 Likes

Thanks again @mikser.

4 Likes

Thanks, of course I ordered all the new SSA a few days ago :rofl: except the mango mint

5 Likes

Thank you @Mikser for thinking of us and giving us the heads up. I’ve already made an order on the weekend from NomNomz for some of the new flavours out and I will most probably make another sometime soon for the others that are due in. Chef’s seem to be dragging their heels with stocking these new flavours which is quite unusual for them.

4 Likes

Breaking down the big bottles into working bottles, and finalizing the testing percentages now. I will ADD these up top to the main post.

Candied Mango
Chocolate Caramel Nut
Chocolate Fudge Brownie v.3
Chocolate Coconut Almond
Cookie Crumble
Creamy Vanilla
Fresh Spearmint
Grape Candy
Indo Strawberry 1
Indo Strawberry 2
Juicy Watermelon
KK Bar (Chocolate Wafer Bar ?)
Lemon Drop
Lemon Meringue Pie v.3
Nectariine
Peach (W/O Stevia)
Smooth Custard
Sour Blue Raspberry
Strawberry Kiwi Fusion
Strawberry Lemonade

4 Likes

Candied Mango (CAP) 4% (1-17-23) – FIRST ONE out of the gate on these NEW Cap flavors, and it was GOOD !!! A bright, juicy orange, with a smidge of yellow mango. Sweetness was just above mid level, and it just tasted great @ 4%. Now, onto the “candied” part, I think it is/was more than just adding sweetener, as I got an almost SunnyD nuance to this one. Now this did NOT take away from the juicy mango, but I think it did add an almost (not quite but almost) candied aspect to it. Sweet, fresh, and juicy were the three things, that just carried through form beginning to end with this one, and it was just almost complex enough to solo all day long (I did). No rind, or musky-ness present, and no off-putting notes could be found. It presented as maybe a 50/50 mix of natural/artificial, and it just worked. Your needs will dictate what kind of Mango you need, and this one was sweet, and somewhat candied, and although good, didn’t lean fully natural, so that may decide it for you. For me, it was HARD to put down. For a fairly sweet, and juicy mango with an almost SunnyD twang on the finish, this one just worked for me. I couldn’t go below a 9.8/10 on this one.

5 Likes

Chocolate Caramel Nut (CAP) 4% (1-18-23) – Any of you who know me, KNOW that I am a S’mores junkie, and I have released numerous recipes to that effect. This flavor, is the BEST “not” S’mores I have ever tried. What does that mean ?? It tasted like an almost perfect S’mores, and maybe 85% of the way there. It is FAR closer than most, if not all of the actual S’mores flavors OUT there. I think what was happening was the “nut” portion wasn’t overly “nutty” which was GREAT, but added just enough ooomph, and punch to the finish, that almost added some grainy-ness, which was similar to a graham cracker. The chocolate notes were almost perfect in this medley, and the caramel was just perfectly paired WITH it. It’s no secret that I love CAP’s Double Chocolate, and this one is similar, but not quite as dark, with no bitterness, or dryness. The way the caramel and chocolate are proportioned, just left them to MELD into something unique, and the “nut” on the finish just sealed the deal. I challenge anyone who gets this (and you should) to test it, and see if it DOESN’T taste like one of the best-est S’mores you have had. Nothing off-putting @ 4%, and it tasted very good at this weight. Just above mid-level sweet. NOW, scoring will be slightly complex BECAUSE of my obsession with S’mores, AND this flavor’s similarities. I see no reason to mark down, as Chocolate, Caramel, and Nut is fairly similar. It DID exactly what the name implied, and it did it damned well, AND, just so happened to taste like a great S’mores as a bonus. Minor take-offs, as the nut was just a smidge low in the mix. I can’t go lower than 9.7/10.

6 Likes

Cookie Crumble (CAP) 4% (1-20-23) – I love it when you test new flavors, and on the VERY first taste, you immediately think of an identical, or close flavor neighbor. That happened with this one, and it was JOLTING. In a GOOD way. OK, first things first, I did NOT really get a lot of “crumble” is this one, which at first, was disheartening, but what I DID get, was an INSANELY good BUTTAH COOKIE. I was immediately directly comparing this to MB’s …

Butter My Biscuit

Now, you’re probably starting to get confused, right ?? OK, the BUTTER in this one, was off the charts, in your face, buttery delicious. It was almost more of a “Capella’s Butter My Cookie”. It was far more cookie than biscuit, but the #%$^$%*^@# butter was front and center, from beginning to end. Now I did get some slight crumble nuances, but to my tastes, it was almost a deliciously light vanilla cookie, drenched in butter. At 4% it was just damned rich, and full, with a few ticks below mid level sweet. The cookie was fairly non-descript, with maybe some vanilla notes lightly tossed in. Honestly, I just couldn’t get past the butter. Super delicious, but never in an overpowering way. I hope this review challenges you guys to pick it up and post YOUR thoughts on this one. Maybe, just maybe a little crumble, but more so a light, grainy cookie with light vanilla accents, slammed with delicious butter. Scoring this is going to HAVE to be a “two-fer”. As a slamming butter cookie, with some MORE butter, I’d give it a 9.85/10, but as an official “cookie crumble” I would have to push it down to 6.5/10, JUST for the lack of the crumble. NOW, I HIGHLY recommend you pick this up, especially if you like cookies, and butter. Don’t let the lack of the crumble scare you off, embrace the BUTTAH !!!

5 Likes

Chocolate Fudge Brownie v.3 (CAP) 4% (1-19-23) – I started out using this flavor versions ago, and there was something special about the way that Capella captured the brownie flavor. This version was no different. One of my simple favorite-ist brownie recipes was again, captured by this flavor. I knew the v.2’s were a/p free, but still not 100% clear on what the v.3 changed. I had the luxury of EATING some brownies, WHILE testing this one, hehe, for science and shit.
As with the previous versions, the chocolate was key, and did favor more of a cocoa, and you could almost get the flour and baking soda, especially on the finish, and that was what really separated this one from the rest of the brownie pack. At 4% it was very rich, and full and sweetness was about mid level. Little to no off notes, but there was a slightly dry finish. I’m still not sure if it’s an “off” note or not, as I think it added authenticity to the chocolate being more cocoa focused, than a creamy, or desert chocolate, which again, FITS the brownie profile. This is/was one of the darker flavors, and it did soil the coils a little more than a clear flavor, but nothing out of the ordinary for a daker flavor. 2nd tester in, my wife was growing tired of the “brownie fog” that I was creating. I searched for something, anything I could nit pick about, and the only slight tick off was the ever so slight dry finish. Very accurate brownie, and if you like brownies, and you haven’t tried this one yet, you should. Finishing the 2nd tank, and this review, at a very good 9.5/10.

5 Likes

Creamy Vanilla (CAP 4% (1-21-23) – I’ll admit to wanting to jump RIGHT to this one, but that would have screwed up my process hehe. Diving RIGHT into this one, I did NOT know what to expact. What greeted me at the door, was, dammit, a deliciously creamy vanilla, go figure. I compared it to all of my current CAP Vanillas, and it shared many similarities to their French Vanilla, but with differences. Capella did a GREAT job layering in the creamy base, as it perfectly complimented the Vanilla, and honestly, “Creamy Vanilla” is a much more accurate name, than say a “Vanilla Cream”. The Vanilla never took second place, and was literally blanketed in a velvety smooth, creamy base. It was at mid-level sweet, and perfectly rich @ the 4% testing weight. I could see a LOT of people using this for a myriad of things, most notably when in need of a creamy vanilla without any custard/egg notes. What makes this hard to describe was it WAS incredibly rich, but didn’t present as a custard. Rich, creamy, sweet, and a somewhat complex Vanilla was what this brought to the party, and it did it handily. No off notes, other than a slight dry-ness on the finish. It really was like a rich French Vanilla-ish vanilla that was custard-LIKE, without the custard. Hard to completely convey, but it was a two tank finisher tester for me. If you are looking for, or can use a super rich and creamy vanilla sans the overt eggy custard notes, you should pick this up. As stated, only minor take-offs for a slight dryness on the finish, but spot on accurate to it’s name. Easily a 9.5/10.

7 Likes

Fresh Spearmint (CAP) 4% (1-22-23) – As a typical rule, I cannot vape any cooling agents, and also avoid “mints” for fear OF the cooling, BUT, for you guys, I test on. This one did indeed present as a fairly natural spearmint, with no cooling effect (whew). It was not a “mint” or “double mint” but squarely a SPEAR-mint. Throughout both testers, I kept getting an almost two pronged effect with this one. The first was the natural spearmint, with almost green leafy nuances on the start, and the finish morphed into a slightly dryer, almost spearmint oil-ish experience. Not off-putting in any way, and it was interesting as it shifted from one to the other. At 4% it was present, but somewhat relaxed, and almost mid level sweet. The slight dryness on the finish did almost remind me of double mint gum, BUT, this was NOT a double, nor gum. It’s fairly possible it could be pushed higher due to it’s relaxed nature, and even still, it stayed true, and accurate. The “spearmint oil”-ish finish was not off-putting, slightly dry, and did add to the complexity, and authenticity of it. Even NOT being in my typical wheelhouse, it did what it was supposed to do, with no off notes, and in a non overpowering way. Spearing this one @ 8.9/10.

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer thanks again for the great reviews my man, they sound delicious and you’ve got me excited for these to reach the U.K. shores.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome @JimmyLee, and I hope they land soon.

4 Likes

I SFT this Cookie Crumble (CAP) 4% a couple of months ago, I’ve still never mixed with it. My first impressions were similar but I got more like powdered milk than butter. Not much cookie, enough to know it’s there though, it is tasty just not really what I expected.
If I were a cereal vapor, this would be the first I’d try. I just get the feeling it’s screaming put me in some cereal.

I’ve found the tester, but I didn’t date it only that I mixed it at 4%. More like butter now after a steep, but I still get the milk.
To me it’s almost like a biscuit/cookie dunked in milk. I say almost because that’s the best I can describe it in words if that makes sense.

8 Likes

Grape Candy (CAP) 4% (1-25-23) – Sorry for the slight delay while writing up the SteamCrave Meson RTA. My experience with vape grapes has always lead to one of three categories. Natural, Candied, Soda’d. Now IMO, there is, or can be a FINE line when trying to make a candy grape vs. a soda grape, but CAP did it. This one WAS indeed, a candied grape. Although this one leaned artificial, I was surprised to get some good, natural tasting notes. The grape was a nice dark concord-ish grape, and was a few ticks above mid-level sweet. Smelling it in the bottle I kept wondering if I was getting a Grape Nehi from it, but vaping it, proved to be candied, for more than a soda. At 4% it was very full, AND purple, just the way I like my grapes. I can’t think of many grape recipes this wouldn’t work in, except for the rare few, where a less sweetened, completely natural flavor is/was required. Simply put, this was a very accurate, candied grape (aka. Grape Candy), with no off notes, and above mid level sweetness. You COULD easily smash this into a soda, and/or with pair other grapes if needed, to bolster/drive the purple. As a solo, while not overly complex, held my interest through two tanks. In closing, this one hard an almost “tarty” finish to it, and that helped it finish with a “zing”, and that helped to keep it interesting. With little to no takeoffs, it was hard to go below 9.0/10 on this one.

6 Likes