A new twist on an old problem- ebay purchases- warning

I completely agree. I almost started to say that the reply (on the primary topic) sounded automated to me. I don’t think eBay is committing the proper resources to the proper areas, nor have they been for some time.

3 Likes

Yes. :wink: :laughing:

3 Likes

We can keep this alive if you want, even though the issue seems to have been resolved. I think it may be worth a topic split because we can talk about all sorts of things outside the realm of normal human activity. I like this stuff, and with Halloween fast approaching, what better time to talk about cryptids, extra-terrestrial things, and AI?

As I said (or meant to, anyway) before, the one thing I know I believe is that humans are nowhere near as intelligent as we think we are. Anyone who can state with complete confidence any position that is yet unknown is the first person I will stop listening to…

So, in that respect, I am not the kind of fellow who looks at people sideways when they say they believe in ghosts, bigfoot, aliens, and whatnot. That’s simply because- how do I know none of that is real? I can believe any position I choose; that does not make it empirically correct. I love that, actually.

So, anyone have any sort of experiences like ghosts, UFO’s, or cryptids they want to share? I promise I won’t laugh, unless that’s your goal!

1 Like

I will kick this off then :sweat_smile:

A friend of mine died in a car crash in 1982. He was in a coma for a week and then he died.
Weird things started happening after he died. We had done a lot of drugs together and I chalked it up to that but when we went to England for his cremation shit happened there too.

His sister picked up a pair of shoes at the bottom of the stairs and brought them upstairs and put them in the cupboard.
When she walked down the stairs they were back at the bottom of the stairs.

What I experienced myself was that all of a sudden my tongue was moving through my mouth without me doing anything and what I was feeling wasn’t my mouth. I could taste blood and I felt broken teeth. It was the inside of his mouth I was feeling, not mine.

Once I coughed up some slime that was stuck in my mouth and I just thought, I want to get rid of this and it just disappeared.

Sometimes he walked right through me, it was the weirdest feeling. A lot of stuff happened in that time but it would make this story way too long and it doesn’t really matter to the point I’m making, if any.

This continued for a few weeks and at first it was just him. Don’t ask me how I know, I just did.
He was my friend and his presence was familiar.
After a while I felt other things. I was told (can’t remember by whom) that when spirits don’t move on they attract other things too.

We told him he couldn’t stay but he said he didn’t want to go alone. His sister had also died in the crash but she was killed instantly and apparently not around.
All the weirdness stopped soon after that though so I guess he did move on.

The strangest thing was that I was not afraid at all when it was happening and scared shitless when it stopped.

I also remember once when I was really stoned I was all of a sudden looking down on myself.
I was sitting around with some friends and I could see myself clearly. My body that is, my awareness was somewhere in a corner of the ceiling.

That’s when I learned that I’m not my body, it’s just a vessel for whatever it is that I am.

All of this is seriously not made up and I don’t care if people laugh about it.
It just made me realise that I know shit about anything and neither does anybody else, no matter how sure they are that they do.

2 Likes

My sister said my Dad came to her on the night he died. I can’t recall if she said there was engagement, or just a vision. He died of cancer and it was not sudden nor unexpected. I had no such interaction. *However, a few months after he passed, I was at the grocery store when a man approached that looked exactly like him, exactly. Clothes, hat, swagger, it was startling. I got chills down my spine even. I turned to my wife and said “Look at that, that dude looks like my Dad!!!” We turned to look and he was no longer there. That shook me up bigtime, and I do not get rattled.

We had our current house built for us (in other words, it didn’t exist prior to our ownership). In the backyard is an old tree that has been forced to grow with a 90 degree bend toward the river. This is a common thing native Americans did as way-finding. I know this area was home to Indians a few hundred years ago. We’ve found arrowheads and such in the creek behind the house. Aside from the tree and relics, I never give it much thought.

However, and you can call me a dingbat, but I have seen a young native woman in native clothing slowly walk by in my basement more than once. Geez, just writing that looks ridiculous. But it’s true. And for years I have found things tinkered with- light bulb pullchains set to off when no one would have done it, boxes not where I left them, etc. Sigh, it just looks silly to see it in text. No wonder people tend to laugh that stuff off.

I’ve other stories but when looking back at the words I’ve committed here already, I feel the perfect fool as it is already.

I had that after my friend died. It was just an old man in the street who didn’t even remotely look like him.
When he walked past he put his tongue in his cheek and shifted his eyes, exactly what my friend always did when he made a joke.
When I nudged my boyfriend and asked him if he saw it, he turned around and saw no-one at all but I still saw him walking off.

When my mom died something woke me up. She died at 7 in the morning at which time I’m usually fast asleep. Getting up early is for lunatics is what I say.
Anyway, I was nicely asleep and all of a sudden I was sitting up straight in my bed and I didn’t know why. I looked at the clock and saw it was 7 so I rolled over and thought fuck it.

45 minutes later I was woken up by a phone call to tell me my mom died.

I was once living in a building where the toilet door was made of natural wood. Every time I sat on that bog and looked at the door this young girl would appear.
She would start to dance, circling around moving from one side of the door to the other side.
The further she came along, the older she got and at the end she would sink down and die.
Only to start all over again, same girl, same dance.
Weird right?

America is full of such places. No wonder it’s been a story-well horror movies love digging into.

That’s easy to do when trams and buses drive by and neon lights are flickering and you have all that hustle and bustle around you.
In remote places that distracting ‘reality’ is not there and there are bountiful stories about people in remote places experiencing shit nobody can explain.

We must both be totally insane :laughing:

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to imply I was living on the only spot in America where Indians did, but I see how you could extrapolate that. I just meant this part of the county we’re in was apparently a settlement until fairly recently, oh never mind. I don’t know how to say it well.

I see ‘objects’ move past that block out the light the way a person does. I recall more than once hearing the sound of the door opening and closing, and footfalls through the kitchen. In through the garage and into the kitchen is how we get into the house most often. The door closing and the footfalls are enough for me to go up and say hello to whoever just came home- but no one is there. Awesome.

I’m not freaked out about these things, because I am not afraid of them or the ‘supernatural’ element or whatever it is. I look at it this way… if they could hurt us, they would, no? So I want to see ghosts and stuff. People hear a noise or something and flip out, as if they are about to be dragged through a portal and dismembered or something. A human or some large, hungry predator are the only things I’d actually need to be wary of.

Here I go off on another tangent, but I think intelligent and residual haunting type events sound valid enough. Some jarring moment in history that somehow got embedded in the tangle of space-time and repeats itself, sorta like that woman I see drift past. Always the same, never different. And seen more than a few times.

Wow, I am a nut, listen to me! And @Jose, apparently we share a room and the Wacky Inn!

It is also logical and acceptable for someone to come to the conclusion that I am imagining it all. Who knows? It surely seems real to me, and I don’t honestly think I’m off-center. Maybe that’s why everyone wants to capture it to media, so they can be believed.

2 Likes

Ah, touchy, touchy Fizzy :laughing:
It hadn’t even occurred to me, I’m afraid our minds work in different ways in that respect.
If I had wanted to tell you that you were a pretentious, self-absorbed prat, I would’ve done so in exactly those words and not hide it in some subtle phrase :rofl:

I seldom do that since I habitually refrain from interacting with idiots, my time is limited.
I am still talking to you am I? :kissing_heart:

Here I have to agree with you again. I remember when everyone was raving about Nightmare on Elmstreet and I was thinking, meh.
Friday the 13th is what scared the hell out of me. Some creep coming up from behind with a knife :scream:

My ex husband used to wake me up whenever he got stoned because he got scary images in his head. Faces and monsters and I knew exactly what he was talking about. I see them sometimes.
I always told him to give them a wave and a friendly smile, they can’t do anything besides scaring you shitless. All you have to do is refuse to be scared.

2 Likes

And of course, who’s to say they are actually trying to scare you? Who’s to say they are even aware of your existence? Could just be a quick window into another dimension. Again, who honestly knows? We may be ghosts to others too, for that matter.

OK, so you’re the blunt, piss-off type rather than the passive-aggressive type. Noted.

I have ‘ghost hunting’ equipment, I must confess. An SB-7 Spirit Box, digital voice recorder, K2 EMF meter, infrared camcorder. I know, pretty bad eh.

2 Likes