4 years and probably $80k saved

Bit of a milestone for me today - today is the 4 year anniversary of my final analogue cigarette.

I had my first vape in 2012 with a rather shitty cigalike which didn’t take. I am pretty sure it was 100 pg and made me cough like you wouldn’t believe. (it still works today and still makes me cough lol)

Once a decent device was in my hand I found it super easy and quickly found that store juice wasn’t for me. Since Nic was and still is not a thing in Australia I was sort of mixing from day 1 adding nic to store-bought juice. It was a fairly quick transition to mixing simple single flavour mixes (many of which were tyre fires lol).

I think back to my first year and the mixes I was making while it kept me off the smokes there were some truly horrible mixes I vaped. It wasn’t until I found ELR that I started making some more palatable juice (not to mention the flavour collection exploded) many of the members here were/are members of ELR and each and every one of you helped me when I was first starting out - never underestimate the power of a simple comment or a like of a post to a new vaper/mixer.

So my thanks to all of you both ex elr, current elr and vapingcommunity members for your support and friendship.

Cheers

13 Likes

That is awesome brother and congrats :tada:

Either I am at 4 years like you or 5, I had one of those banners on another website that told me the date but they went ghost, all I remember is August something.

Thank you for all the guidance and tips shared over the years. You have been such a valuable resource for us all :+1:

9 Likes

When I say $80k saved it is really 80k I had to spend on other stuff like flavours and mods lmao.

9 Likes

When I read 80K I thought you were just referring to what you spent so far this year :rofl: I throw away all my receipts, don’t even want to know :wink:

10 Likes

Probably not far off but let us close our eyes to that and just pretend it isn’t a fact

9 Likes

Cheers man! You’ve come a long way!! :beers:

8 Likes

Congratulations and thanks for all you do :tada:

It’s your birthday? :thinking:

8 Likes

I listed my quit day as my birthday because i dont think quit day was implemented at the time

9 Likes

Congrats to you on your 4th anniversary :tada:
Just like you, I can’t say that I’ve saved any money, I wasn’t a heavy smoker anymore when I switched and the buying frenzy of flavours, mods and tanks put me back quite a bit.
However, that frenzy has past now so I am finally starting to save money, my health has improved, which is far more important than :moneybag: and I got some family members on the vape-trail so it’s a win win. :beers:

7 Likes

I have always looked at the amount I spend and even if it is more than I would have spent smoking I tend to disregard it. I never started vaping to save money I started vaping to live longer even if it is a short time longer a week /a month/ a year/ a decade vaping has given me something that money can’t buy and that is time.

7 Likes

Well done my antipodean friend, a great achievement :beer:

8 Likes

Congrats yet again @woftam!!
Well done bud.

Thanks for all the knowledge, tips, suggestions, and help that you’ve always given everyone!

8 Likes

Congratulations and good for you for staying off tobacco. Thank you for all you have contributed. Your chart and guide to Flavour Bending has probably done more to improve my mixes than anything else. Great job man!

7 Likes

Cheers @Tworrs @Sprkslfly @Jim22 for the kind words.

:tada::tada:

6 Likes

Another year down and probably another 20k not spent on smokes (I won’t say saved cause I spent it on other stuff). But 2020 has meant less expenditure due to really crappy shipping times.

Happy to still be able to say Smoke Free and happy about it.

12 Likes

Congrats :partying_face: great achievement :beers:

11 Likes

Awesome brother! Happy anniversary!! :tada: :birthday:

11 Likes

Amazing :ok_hand::ok_hand::beers:

12 Likes

Well done mate :beer:

11 Likes

These are the stories the media should be focusing on. Well done fine Sir and thank you for all the incredible insight you share on DIY :+1:

11 Likes