Problems with my Aegis Legend

hello guys, im having nothing but problems with my legend 200 watt, constantly saying atomizer short even with new coils in the aero tank, even tried it with a different tank. dont know what to do now.

4 Likes

tried this to no avail. thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

Good advice @anon96069639!!
@steve just curious if you charge your batteries thru your mod? The reason I ask is, my RX200 would read atomizer error if I charge thru the mod. Or it was simply a dirty 510 which @anon96069639 has mentionedā€¦

4 Likes

yes eddie i do charge through the mod, do u think if i tried new batteries this might help.

5 Likes

any help is much apreciated

5 Likes

No, probably notā€¦ I donā€™t think itā€™s the batteries. We do have incredibly smart folks here so Iā€™m sure someone will have some answers for youā€¦

3 Likes

tried earlier this evening to do firmware update but when i got to the download part it wasnt allowing me to download, was asking me to use z7 when i said ok it just wouldnt open, im at a total loss, dont want to bin it .

4 Likes

It wants you to use 7 zip to open it. here is a zipped version for you

4 Likes

not that i can see.

5 Likes

thanks woftam, just ran the firmware update succesfully and still same problem,when screen lights upcoil shows 0.00,volt 0.00 amp 0.00 power running at 75w.

4 Likes

really apreciate everyone help.thanks

5 Likes

Hi =)

Well two of the ā€˜basicsā€™ have already been suggested (or covered):

1. Try different tanks to eliminate the possibility of a bad atty, or series of cartridges (assuming the atties are different brands and use different coils). You could have an entire blister pack of bad coilsā€¦ Which is why I mentioned different brand atty, but given how many fit in different brands these days, I figure I better specifyā€¦

2. Cleaning the 510 has already been suggested. Which is great for the exterior, but does nothing if the short is inside. (more soon)

3. The other thing I would mention is taking a small pick (as in: probing device) and trying to see if you can pull UP on the center (positive) pin.
    There are certain atties which have excessively long male 510 connectors, and if the female 510 connection is too shallow, it tends to ā€œbottom outā€ the center pin, sometimes ā€œpermanentlyā€ locking them in place.

As for the ā€œmoreā€ā€¦ Whatā€™s more is if liquid has gotten down into the device, with these being a ā€œsealed unitā€ (waterproof, etc), youā€™re pretty much screwed.

3 Likes

If that ever ā€œfixesā€ a device, my first recommendation would be to unload it instantly. Because thereā€™s bigger issuesā€¦ For starters a crap chip going into an indeterminate state, or firmware by shitty programmers. Neither of which bode well for a mod with hopes of longevity. :wink:

2 Likes

7zip by chance? (if not, I donā€™t know if Iā€™d trust itā€¦)

7zip is the same as WinRAR or WinZip. All have been around for ages.

2 Likes

I suggest firmware update as generally it reset every setting to default. It does sound like there is something very wrong here tho.

3 Likes

could well be a tiny slice of threading stuck in your 510, thus can be a right PITA sometimes to get out but it will do what you are describing, a toothpick can be good, Iā€™ve also used compressed air in the past but that runs the risk of making it worse (blows the bur further down)
hope you manage to sort it :+1:

4 Likes

@steve did you ever manage to resolve the issue?
The reason I ask is that I now have exactly the same problem.
I have tried multiple attys, as well as cleaning, and bouncing the 510 pin up and down, which moves freely.
Micrometer measurement in the connector is 4mm to the top of the pin, and the attys measure about 4.6mm so it is not that.
Even squirted WD40 in and cleaned.

Iā€™ve read about similar problems on geekvape facebook group. A few people reported that firmware update fixes the problem. A few other people are pissed off at geekvape and want their money back.

1 Like

It does seem to be a common issue.
I have even tried to update the firmware and am unable to do that either.
I have opened a ticket at Geekvape, and will see whether they either have a solution, or alternatively will offer a replacement unit.
Maybe this will just become an expensive paperweight.

I hope you get it sorted out. Iā€™ve had luck so far with geekvape, but the only mod of theirs I have is the gbox, and it never gave me issues (except once but juice got into battery compartment and a cleanup fixed it)

1 Like